The Niagara Falls Marathon presented a number of firsts for me including:
1) First time crossing an International Border by Foot - That was awesome!!
2) First time meeting Laura, who by the way is just as awesome in person as she is on her blog.
3) First time running a 2:51 30K and 3:03 32K. My marathon PB for 30K was 2:53 and change. My only offical 30K race was Around the Bay and was 2:55 and change.
4) The first time I have run (without walking) 32K. My first walk break was around 32K after which they were plentiful!
5) My first time finishing before the 4:00 hour pace bunny......
OK, now I am playing with you, but being honest at the same time. The 4:00 pace bunny finished around 4:2-, he tanked during the race.
I did get my PB (barely). My official time is four hours, fifteen minutes and twenty seconds. And I am pleased. I had some really bad blisters and quad pain that really slowed my last 10K. I am a little dissapointed that the last 10K took my 1 hour, 12 minutes, but overall very pleased that I still held on for a PB. This marathon was a great course, and the weather was great! Best of all, I know I can improve on this time in Philly in a few weeks.
Overall, I feel extremely grateful. I have a lot of support. My husband (love ya), family, running friends, and ofcourse my running blogger friends. I was truly touched by the support you offered for this and other races (that didn't go as planned). I carried thoughts about each and every one of you to the finish line, and it really helped me get through. Thanks for that!
I will post a detailed race report later, but for now, thanks again, and thanks for reading. I hope everyone else's races went well today.