Having four weeks between now and then, it would be ideal to have another long run this weekend and then the usual three week taper. Hubs is running the Hamilton Marathon this weekend, and it is his third in a row. He belongs to the same Marathon Maniac club that Laura does.
Sooooo... since I would likely be running a 30+K (20 mile) run this weekend anyway, maybe I could run Hamilton as well and qualify for the Maniac club. Of course this idea does have the following
1) I don't want to burn out for Philly. It is my main goal race for the fall running season, so I want to still be fresh and hungry for the race!
2) I don't want to get injured
3) My friends B-day is this weekend which could mean a late night Saturday.
1) I would have a long training run and complete my 10th marathon. I think it would be great prep for Philly.
2) I am curious to see how my body reacts to back to back marathons
3) I would become a Maniac!
So I need your help. What should I do? I am going to run tomorrow night to test the "post race" waters. If I do run Hamilton, I will likely aim for a slower race (4:30 ish), but then again you never know, so I should be prepared to stay out as long as needed. The body is capable of great things sometimes.
In the meantime, I have been making sure that I fully nourish my body with what it needs after a marathon for a proper recovery.
(And I don't really like beer either!)
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for reading.