Monday, September 29, 2008

What Next?!!

Another race of course! I decided this weekend I need a new challenge. Running Scotiabank was fun, but I want to try something a little different, at least different to me.

The more I think about this marathon, the more appealing it is. I can get another 30 + run in this weekend, have another 3 week taper focused on short tempo runs. I also like that this course starts in one location, and finishes in another, not out and back. It is also a net downhill, and finishes by the base of one of the wonders of the world. Plus it starts in one country, and finishes in another. How cool is that? As a bonus, it's close to home, and being in late October, it ought to be somewhat cool.

Of course I could just wait and run Philly in November as planned, but I sort of want to run another race before then, and something I haven't done yet. It will be relatively inexpensive for travel expenses.

Any thoughts? Price goes up Oct 1, so I will make my decision soon.
Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Awesome stuff. I've been told theres issues with customs though so make sure you have all your stuff in order:) That sounds like it would be a great report!!

Julianne said...

Oh you are SO addicted!! Haha. Yes, do it! You have 4 weeks or so to refocus and you'll do great!

RoadBunner said...

That looks like it would be an awesome marathon! Niagara Falls is beautiful!

Marcy said...

That one is TOTALLY on my list! I'd do it! ;D ;D

Kim said...

Go for it! Why not? Just another medal to hang up! Sign up today.

BeachRunner said...

Sounds awesome to me. You are feeling good, and ready to rock, so why not do it?

Erik said...

Chance of a lifetime!!

Go for it!

As if you thought anyone on here would tell you not to do it.

E

Unknown said...

Go for it! I would if I had the chance that would be such a great memory.

Marlene said...

Hubby and I almost signed up for Niagara, but we have a commitment the night before. I say go for it!! Looks like an incredible route.

Vickie said...

Niagara falls?

Meg said...

Sounds great, go for it!

Vickie said...

I responded before I checked your link. They have some awesome medals! I've been looking at it too. Sorry I didn't meet you in Toronto at the expo with Laurel. Maybe I'll be at Niagara falls!

Aron said...

oh that race sounds SO fun!!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

that's the one i've always had my heart set on if i do a full... because of the uniqueness of it :) go for it and let me know! :)

E said...

That looks like a great race! Do it!

Laura said...

I'm thinking about doing Niagara Falls, as is Chia! We'll let you know :)