Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm an honourary Woo-Hoo!!

That's right blogger folks. I bet your jealous, and you should be!!

I had the pleasure of meeting Lily, her friend Ann, Marlene, and Tiger yesterday at the Scotiabank Expo. It was awesome to meet some of the people whose blogs lift your spirits daily. What a beautiful bunch of people they are! Lily is soo sweet, just like her blog reads, much like a Mother Hen. And she told us we were honourary woo-hoos!! Who can beat that?

Marlene and Tiger were also very nice, and nervous about their first marathon. I saw Marlene come in at the finish line, and her face was so full of pride and excitement. She looked amazing!! I don't think I've ever looked that good finishing. Congratulations Marlene!! You are a marathoner!! I am so happy for you!

Unfortunately I didn't see Tiger come in, so I hope she had a good race, and congratulations. You are amazing Tiger to train and run a marathon while enrolled in university full-time. I don't know how you fit it all in, but you are an inspiration.

Also congratulations to Lily and Vickie on your half marathons!!

As for me, I decided to run the half. It ran it in about 2:02:3-. Respectable, I decided I was better to sit out the full for this one. I have other fulls planned for the fall, so it is no biggy.

A picture of our blogger get together to follow. Thanks for reading!

17 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great run! i looked for ya, but with the sea of people, it was difficult to find you just with a bib #. enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Marci said...

Hi Melanie, I just read on Marlene blog that you also saw her finish! I'm sorry I missed you, I was hoping to meet you. Maybe next time we'll be cheering you into the finish of your marathon!

Kim said...

I AM so jealous! I hope one of these days I can be an honorary Whoo Hoo! How fun. I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Marlene said...

We're so special!

It was so great to finally meet you and awesome to see you in the finishing chute!

Can't wait to hear how your race went.

And on a completely unrelated note, you're used to be on WB, right?! I just thought of that after leaving the expo yesterday...

AddictedToEndorphins said...

We are soo special:)
My race was really tough. but i finished. Full report to come/

Totally great to meet you all:)

Aron said...

so fun!! sounds like a great day and congrats on the half finish!

Unknown said...

Sounds like good times were had by all. Good job!

Marcy said...

YOu did GREAT!! How jealous am I. It was like a blogger par-tay up there.

Marlene said...

Duh! It seems my post-marathon mushy-brain missed the last part of your post, about deciding on the half. Congrats on a great time! I'd say you have done enough fulls this year already, especially with more to come. Crazy lady. :p

Jess said...

Nice job on the HM!

Nikemom said...

how fun to meet up with bloggers. joggin' bloggin's. way cool! :P

Julianne said...

That is so awesome that you got to meet other blogger/runners @ the Scotiabank marathon! And the race sounded totally fun. Looking forward to the photos tomorrow!! And great job on the run, 2:02 is a great time!

Erik said...

Congrats!!

I can't wait to experience the finish line after a marathon, or even a half. Great time BTW.

E

BeachRunner said...

That is awesome. Congrats all around.

RoadBunner said...

Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time.

Lily on the Road said...

Marci, what an honour to have met you on Saturday! Thank you so much for taking the time to meet up with all of us! You are a true inspiration, THANK YOU!

Glad you had a great run, sorry to have missed you, I was "a little" behind you LOL.....good job on your run & I'm looking forward to running with you sometime!

Thanks again!!!!

Meg said...

Nice job on the half! I'm jealous of getting to meet so many other bloggers at a race.