Monday, September 8, 2008

Race Attire

I got my long run (30.5K) in this past Sunday. It was a bit of a struggle since I was still recovering from Quebec, but I managed to hammer it out. I did what I call a "hybrid" run. A bit of trails, road running, and even two laps on the track (I wanted to add some distance on to my run at the end). The variety helped, and today I am just taking a rest day.

Earlier in the summer, I ordered a few running skirts from runningskirts and I absolutely love them. They are soooo comfortable. I have a hard time wearing shorts now. I feel bad for the guys that they can't wear them, then again, eww! Too many images there!

I have had running skirts before, but these people make the most comfortable running skirts around. They have built in undies and the waist doesn't rub at all. I ran in one yesterday and had no chaffing.

I decided with two marathons coming up, I might as well splurge on another skirt to add to my skirt rotation. Here she is:






Gotta love the polka dots. I will get a black tank to match. A marathon is tough, so you might as well look co-ordinated during profuse sweating!!

I also have decided to get a Nike + band. Marlene has being using one now and recommends it, so look for me to post my runs in the near future. I figure it will help me keep my pace more often!! :) Now what else do I need.....

Still on the fence about whether Scotiabank will be a half or full, but I am solidering on as if I am running the full. On tap this week:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 6k (1 mile time trial)
Wednesday: 6K recover
Thursday: 12K tempo
Friday: rest
Saturday: 6K
Sunday: 22-24K

That's all for now. I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for reading!

19 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

love the skirt! i'll have to look at their site for next year's season!

E said...

Love the skirt. I need to get some of those. Great job on your long run!

Marcy said...

Ooooooo that's a cute one! I like it! ;D

Lily on the Road said...

Cute!! Do you find the "legs" ride up? I know with my Brooks skirt that happens...major chaffe. I think I'll order a couple of running skirts to see...

oh, do the Half with us in T.O....that would be a hoot, but you are MUCH faster than me...have a GREAT week...

Jess said...

Very cute skirt!

BeachRunner said...

Very stylish. Makes me feel like my wardrobe of worn out, cheapo champion shorts are due for a refresher.

Kim said...

Too cute. Maybe that's what I need to get back on track!

Hope school is going well!

Marlene said...

Cute skirt!!! I'm still trying to figure out what to wear... gahhhhhh!

Have fun with your Sportband! Be sure to check out Runner+ and add me as a "friend". :)

Also, congrats on getting through your long run!

Aron said...

i have heard really good things about that brand of skirt. sooo cute!

Marlene said...

To answer your question, yep, that's the race! Definitely can't turn down those perks. :)

And guess what! I found an outfit today!

Pics to come. :D

Bill Carter said...

Congrats on knocking out that long run. The most important thing on those kind of runs is to just get out there and put in your time and not get hurt. I like the hybrid idea BTW.

I've got to say that skirt is really pretty stylish. Still don't think I could get away with wearing one though....

Kevin Westbrook said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog as well. 30K! I can't do the math but I know that is a long long way! I think you are my new hero!

Unknown said...

I've been running in skirts now for over a year and they are fantastic - runningskirts.com especially. I see they just brought out camoflage too! Anyhow, you're right, you're out there working hard so you may as well look good!

P.O.M. said...

Very cute. I have one, the same brand, but all red. It's comfortable.

Stuart said...

Very cute...have you considered a Garmin?

Julianne said...

Oh I gotta try those running skirts! I saw the red polka dot one in the Runner's World mag not too long ago. How CUTE!! I have my reservations about the running skirts but I should give it a try. AND, I know I have had issues with my Nike+ but I do love it and the whole nikeplus.com community. Get one. At least you know they have great customer service! ;-)

Nitmos said...

And how do you know we aren't wearing them? I'll thank you not to judge.

Aron said...

SUCH a small world about the iron horse trail :) i run there all the time!! definitely let me know when you are in this area next time!

RoadBunner said...

I love runningskirts.com skirts, too!! Don't you hate how you always feel like you need just one more?