Thursday, June 26, 2008

So many marathons, so little time.....

As many of you know, I am running the Jay Challenge Ultra 33 mile mountain marathon in July. I still need to firm up my fall marathon schedule though. I am currently prepping for a marathon as early as Sept 28th (Scotiabank Marathon), but I would like to run two full marathons this fall (as spread out as possible). Here are the options I am considering:

A) Scotiabank marathon
Pros: Flat and close to home, good early season marathon
Cons - Ran it last year, can be warmer because its still early

B) Philadelphia
Pros: Flat and fun
Cons: Ran it last year

C) Detroit
Pros: Flat, large medal, I can knock off Michigan as one of my 50 states marathon quest
Cons: Timing - I wish it were later in November

D) Scranton
Pros: Drivable, large net downhill (woo hoo!), we know a group of people going, so that would be fun.
Cons: Can't think of any

Any other suggestions? I live in Southern Ontario, so it has to be drivable within 8 hours or so. Flat is good, but I also like a little challenge. I will likely choose two, preferably two months apart. I have created a poll, or comments are always welcome!

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Quebec City Marathon?
The city is 400 years old this year. The year to do it from what I've heard.

Marcy said...

I don't know chica, but I just might have to come up north and join you ;-)

Nitmos said...

I'll be in Detroit. I hope it's flat and super fast!

I hear the Grand Rapids (MI) in late November is okay - if not small - as well.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

hmmm that 400 year old city one sounds pretty cool...

Too many peeps at marathons for me-lol

Glad u like the trails I read a few of ur posts ...trails are amazing, ummm being in FL we have none, so when I do a race on the trails is really special for me!

Happy trainings!!

Marci said...

I had forgotten about the Quebec City Marathon, thanks for the sugestion. Nitmos I will also look into Grand Rapids. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lily on the Road said...

We were going to do the Quebec City Marathon, but it got lost in the shuffle unfortuanately!!

I think it would be awesome to run it, and you'd be part of history!!!

We will have to Tee up in T.O.

Ali said...

I'm doing Grand Rapids (Oct 19), I did it last year and it was great. There are some hills, not big between 3-6 miles, then flat for the rest.

I know a group that did Scranton last year they liked it, although the net downhill is deceiving, there were some rollers along the way.

Laura said...

I picked up a brochure for Quebec City last weekend at the Seafair Expo, and it sounded great! I didn't know it was the anniversary year, so that should make it even better.