Saturday, June 7, 2008

I have been tagged

When I first was tagged by Phil, I confess that I had planned on ignoring it (out of pure lazinesss), but then I read on Nitmos' blog that this was bad blog etiquette. Who knew?!

Anyway I am supposed to answer the following questions and then tag five other people. So here we go!


1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?
I didn't run 10 years ago. That was easy! I began running in July of 2004, and ran my first 5K race in September of 2004.


2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?
My best running experience would have to be my first marathon. It wasn't a great time, but I was so emotional and proud of what I had accomplished. Hubs ran my first marathon with me. It was in Ottawa in May of 2006, a very hot and humid day. When we were approaching the finishing line, I was so overcome with emotion, I began hyperventilating (BTW, has this ever happened to anyone else?). Hubs thoughts I was hot so he poured water from his water bottle on my head, to which I responded.


Don't *gasp* pour *gasp* water *gasp* on *gasp* my *gasp* head!!!! What a finish! It was an awesome experience otherwise.


Worst: This is hard, I recently described my "worst" experience in Ottawa, but I still think I gained alot from this.


3. Why do you run?
Running makes me a better person. It has made me a calmer person, a braver person, a humble person, and generally a nicer person to be around. I'm also addicted to those delicious endorphins that fly round your body after a long run.

(I stole this from Phil - Is that bad blog etiquette too?! )


4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?
Best piece of advice: Don't worry about your time for your first marathon. Seriously! Savour ever minute of it and don't let a time goal spoil it for you.


Worst piece of advice: I don't give bad advice, or at least I don't think I do. Maybe that's bad!


5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
This is tough because I am pretty much an open book. Pretty much what you see is what you get.
Alright here's one: My mom's cousin, Lew Urry, developed the alkaline battery. That's my claim to fame! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Mmmwhahahaha..... Who do I tag now? After careful consideration, I am tagging



1. Lynda from Running to Stay Sane
2. Melanie from Second Chances
3. Anners from Marathon Anners
4. Ted from Ted's Running Journal/Logbook
5. Ali from Just One More Mile



BTW, did I post yesterday that I love trail running? Phew! I had a manky 20km trail run today and was it ever tough!! An elevation of 6000ft, and my quads are shot. I guess it went O.K. , but I am questioning my sanity for the Jay's Challenge I signed up (53km!!!!) for in LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!!!


Gulp.


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Marcy said...

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO 53k, huh? Awesome chica!! I'm sure you will do fabulous!!

Lily on the Road said...

53K, that will be some training schedule!

Whoot!!!

Phil Robertson said...

Thanks for responding! I found answering the questions very therapeutic!

Good luck with the 53K - slow the pace and up the hills from your marathon training and you'll be great!