Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yasso 800 Tuesdays: Week 2

Tonight I completed week two of my Yasso 800 Speed Challenge. I was lucky that the weather gods were smiling down on me, as it was a temperate 21 degrees Celsius out tonight, rather than the hot humid weather so many of us runners have experienced over the last few days.

I have to admit I felt a bit tentative as I left my house and headed out to the track located a little over 2km from my house. My 20 km trail run was really tough on Sunday, with the temperature well over 30 degrees, and my legs still felt heavy as I started out.


Here's how I made out:

Interval one: 3 minutes, 42 seconds
Interval two: 3 minutes, 44 seconds
Internal three: 3 minutes, 44 seconds
Interval four: 3 minutes, 43 seconds
Interval five: 3 minutes, 37 seconds

Hubs took a picture of me during my last set (a little blurry)


I am very pleased with this weeks result! I really concentrated on my form and relaxing. It felt great to have a good hard run! My total distance was a little over 8km with warm up and cool down.

On the training menu for this week I have planned:
Monday: am - boot camp
Tuesday: pm - Yasso-8km
Wednesday: am- boot camp, pm-10km trail run
Thursday: pm running boot camp (approximately 6-7km running)
Friday: am -boot camp
Saturday -REST
Sunday - 20-24km trail run

Hope you all have great workouts this week! Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great job on the speedwork Marci!!! You're absolutely motivating and inspirational :) it was nice to have a break from the humidity today.

Marcy said...

Very nice!!! Very nice! So this means a 3:40 marathon, right? ;-)

Nitmos said...

Very solid! Nice even times with your best one the last. You can do even better.

Lily on the Road said...

Wow, what can I say!!!

Hey is your shoe lace undone? Made you look!! LMAO!!!!

Holy yikes, your times are awesome

;^)

Are your going to Toronto Half on September 28th????

Marci said...

Marcy- I don't know about 3:40(LOL), but I am hoping for a PB of some sort.

Lily- I am running Scotia - haven't decided yet if its a half or full.

Kim said...

Looks like your 800's are going well-great job. Have a great weekend!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Marci

Great splits! Yassos are really tough, but I do them myself and feel that they make a huge difference. I bet Bart this year at Boston and he was nice enough to autograph my book.