Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yasso 800 Tuesdays: Week Five

Well folks, my lethargic habits continued into Monday. I didn't get my 14K run in, but I did manage to go to Bootcamp, but I felt tired and sluggish at Bootcamp. I will make up the mileage later this week. Still being kinda tired I was a unsure of how my Yasso intervals would go tonight. I made sure I had a high carbohydrate dinner and lots of sleep. Here is the result:

Interval one: 3 minutes, 37 seconds
Interval two: 3 minutes, 36 seconds
Interval three: 3 minutes, 44 seconds
Interval four: 3 minutes, 48 seconds
Interval five: 3 minutes, 30 seconds
Interval six: 3 minutes, 33 seconds
Interval seven: 3 minutes, 31 seconds
Interval eight: 3 minutes, 39 seconds


*All intervals are 800 meters, with 400 meters and equal rest between.*

Not too shabby. I think my speed work is finally paying off. As I was jogging to the track from my house, I also noticed that my overall running pace is quickening as well. Makes me giddy inside.. :)

I think that the Yasso's are really indicative of running a marathon. Similar to late in a marathon, during my third and fourth intervals, I felt tired and like quitting. But after my fifth interval I felt fine again, and only started slowing toward the end of the seventh interval.

That said, I am not sure that these Yasso's will translate into a 3:40 marathon, in fact I am rather dubious of this at this point. I will be happy with a marathon under 4 hours. Heck even a PR will make me happy. We will see. I am shopping around for a shorter distance race to see where I am at, but I think I will wait until the Jay Challenge is out of the way.

Anyway, tomorrow is bootcamp in the morning, 10K trail run at night. Hope everyone is having a good week of running. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Wow, your splits are really fast!!! You're such an inspiration! great job!

robison52 said...

Your Yasso interval pacings are so very close and tight! Way to hang tough during the third and fourth intervals, shows inner fortitude...or what's known as guts. I wouldn't be surprised you would knock off a 3:40 marathon!!

Marcy said...

I think you're going to do better than you think ;D ;D ;D AWESOME splits chica!

Kim said...

That is super duper fast! Great job in keeping them steady. Isn't it nice to see hard work pay off!?

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Keep Focused! Looks like your doing great....don't let that thing we call " the Mind" creep in to much about how ur training is going...

Keep focused on your Goal and turn off that mind on what may or may not happen---

OK easier said then done --lol but just wanted to throw it out there cause I have to turn my mind off a lot :-)

Keep up the goood work!

Marlene said...

holy speedy! I have to try these Yasso things.

Lily on the Road said...

Sleep and good food really play in all of this craziness we call fun!!

Good job you speedy speedstger!