Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Marathon Training in Progress

Since my return to the blog sphere I haven't yet blogged about running.  Don't worry,  the running addict in me is still alive and well!

You may have noticed the races listed for 2011 on the right hand side bar,  an 8K (this weekend!),  a half, a 30K, and the spring culminates with the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon.  With vigour, I made my training plan,  set out, registered and began running!

Sounds great, right?!

Except although I am amped up to train,  I want more.

More marathons that is.

I usually run a marathon on the March break,  and then another in the May, sometimes two.

But I am often told, Marci you should focus on a specific race,  you would run so much faster...

Well I will be honest,  I do want to run faster,  what runner doesn't?  But I also love running marathons,  and I also tend to run well when I run multiples.

So I have been casually shopping for a March marathon.

Contenders:

LA Marathon - I ran this last year,  and it kicked my butt!!  Seriously this course was a downhill quad killer,  but incredibly fun!!  I also want to go back and tour around LA a little more.  It was the only marathon I have ran where there were volunteer drag queens at the water stations,  and soy milk was given out on the course. (hilarious- who can stomach soy milk while running a marathon?)

Georgia Marathon - This would be another state for me (state number 9).  I'll admit I am not that excited by this race,  but maybe someone from the area or who has run it before can change my mind.


Or maybe I should just stick with the plan,  and train hard for Cincinnati.

Help!!

12 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Run a lot while you can. :)

Lisa said...

the best thing about goals is that they are your own for the making. do whatever YOU want.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I ran Flying pig the last two years. Great race. Tough but fun. I am doing Ky derby the day before.

Stephanie said...

I love the idea about "casually shopping" for a marathon, as though you were just looking for a new pair of shoes.

I look forward to the time when I can do more than one marathon a year and I too can casually shop for another race. :)

Tammy said...

I also like running in multiples. It seems like such a waste to throw away the base when you could just wait a few weeks and run another marathon...

Flying Pig is one of my favorite races, by the way. I'm planning on running St Louis and probably Green Bay in the spring, plus a relay in between.

Marathon Training Schedule Scott said...

Great to see someone who loves racing, maybe change up your training program between races to cater for the intensity of the races, sorry can't add to your decision on which marathon to choose but can help out with a new schedule...http://marathon-trainingschedule.com and if you want a free membership let me know (via admin @ marathon-trainingschedule.com) and I'll set one up for you.
Happy running

Lily on the Road said...

There is Ottawa Marathon in May or the Bluenoser in Halifax! 30K Around the Bay is always a great run too.

Nitmos said...

Well, Cincy is a tough course. I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket as far as speed but, who knows, maybe you are a hiller?!

oakleyses said...

sac longchamp pas cher, gucci handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike free, prada handbags, nike air max, longchamp outlet, burberry pas cher, kate spade outlet, nike roshe, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, air max, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, replica watches, michael kors pas cher, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin, chanel handbags, polo outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, jordan pas cher, nike free run, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, christian louboutin uk, nike air max, jordan shoes

oakleyses said...

coach purses, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, nike air max uk, ralph lauren uk, hollister pas cher, timberland pas cher, polo lacoste, kate spade, nike air max, true religion outlet, new balance, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, sac hermes, true religion jeans, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister uk, nike air max uk, burberry outlet, nike air force, north face uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike tn, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, michael kors outlet online, converse pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, oakley pas cher, nike free uk, nike roshe run uk, replica handbags, guess pas cher, north face, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, coach outlet store online, hogan outlet, burberry handbags, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, michael kors, mulberry uk

oakleyses said...

mcm handbags, hermes belt, ray ban, iphone cases, reebok outlet, nike roshe run, mac cosmetics, asics running shoes, new balance shoes, vans, baseball bats, wedding dresses, beats by dre, north face outlet, hollister, instyler, lululemon, nfl jerseys, oakley, insanity workout, louboutin, jimmy choo outlet, celine handbags, vans outlet, hollister clothing, bottega veneta, converse, valentino shoes, soccer jerseys, ghd hair, nike air max, mont blanc pens, longchamp uk, timberland boots, nike trainers uk, giuseppe zanotti outlet, hollister, converse outlet, ralph lauren, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, p90x workout, gucci, herve leger, soccer shoes, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, nike huaraches, nike air max, north face outlet

oakleyses said...

doudoune moncler, barbour, barbour uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, replica watches, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo, moncler uk, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, supra shoes, toms shoes, ugg, karen millen uk, moncler, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, hollister, juicy couture outlet, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, coach outlet, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, moncler, canada goose, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, canada goose, swarovski, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, ugg uk, links of london, canada goose