Friday, September 11, 2009

Only those who attempt the absurd ......

achieve the impossible....



I found this jacket in my favourite triathlon store and I had to have it.  It's my pre-reward for Ironman Muskoka 70.3  and my motto during the race.

Final pre-race thoughts?

1. Stay calm.  I am a bundle of nervous emotional energy.  I just feel very excited and priveledged to do this!  Hubs is very patient when I move from self-doubt to tears to excited energy (well I'm not that bad,  but close)


2. I am setting no goals except to finish this one.  I want to enjoy the event. It will be enough just to finish. I think it will take over 7 hours for me to complete this, but if it takes more, so be it.

3.  Embrace the hills.  The bike and run course are hilly.  So I ***love*** hills.  Repeat.  I ***love*** hills.

4.  Thanks for all the support.  When I got into this triathlon beezznuss I had no idea how much time, energy, and money it would take to train for this race.  Thanks to all of my friends (both virtual and not) who gave me support,  words of encouragement.  Ofcourse special thanks to Hubs who always supports everything I do 100%. 


I promise to catch up on blogs soon. This week was also the first week back to work (school), so it was a busy one.

So its off I go.  I am staying at a friends cottage who lives near the event,  and our group is all doing the event,  so it should be good to calm these crazy nerves of mine.
 
 
Thanks for reading and good luck to all those other racers this weekend!! 

35 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck! Can't wait to hear about it!

RunningLaur said...

You'll be great, good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm pscyhed for you. Have an awesome race and experience. Can't wait to hear about it!!!

X-Country2 said...

I'm sooooo excited for you! I'm already planning my first 70.3 in 2010, so I want to hear ALL about it!! Good luck! You're going to do great!

Carly said...

Good luck!!!

Denise said...

Best of luck. Enjoy it and be safe. Can't wait to hear about it.

Bill Carter said...

Great luck to you!! You have the right frame of mind to have a great race. And just maybe surprise yourself a little bit.

Tri Mommy said...

Good Luck! I can't wait to read your race report and hear how wonderfully you did!!

Jo Lynn said...

How fun! I won't have the privilege of doing my first (sprint) tri with anybody else I know. :(
I'm already looking forward to the report and photos.
Go rock it Girl!!! ;)

Heather said...

Good luck this weekend! LOVE the jacket and the motto. :) Can't wait to read your race report!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck, have fun, remember this is the reward for all the hard work YOU have put in.

Marlene said...

That is an awesome jacket/slogan. A great reward once you become a 70.3 Ironman (Woman).

Good luck this weekend. You are amazing! Can't wait to read about it.

Guy de Maupassant said...

Definitely a must have item!!!

Good luck for the race! You'll be great!!!

Greetings from Portugal

MCM Mama said...

Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to hear about it!

Runner Leana said...

Good luck this weekend! I'll be thinking of you. Have a terrific race!

Being Robinson said...

good luck, you are going to great. can't wait to hear all about it.

Lily on the Road said...

You are AWESOME!!!

Good luck, have fun, finish upright and smiling!

There isn't a hill I didn't like...

Aron said...

yay good luck and have fun!!!

cath said...

good luck and have *fun* out there! can't wait to hear about the details...

Felice Devine said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Good luck!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

YOU WILL be amazing, use the nerves for your benefit. Wish I could tell myself to LOVe hills..

HIGH FIVE!!

No Longer Using said...

GOOD LUCK! "i love hills, i love hills" heheh!!! yes you DO!

N.D. said...

good luck, I Love the jacket

Melanie Tait said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck! What terrific set of goals. And what a terrific motto to keep with you throughout the race. Have a terrific time!

joyRuN said...

Cannot wait to hear about!!

I'm so excited for you - good luck & have fun :)

Jess said...

Best of luck!

Missy said...

Good luck - harness that nervous energy. Hubs calls it excitement. You need to hold onto it for race time. Don't waste it on milling around the expo. It'll just make you more nervous. It's going to be great.

Kim said...

I can't remember if your race was yesterday (Saturday) or today (Sunday), but I hope you had/have the best day ever! What an accomplishment!!

Cindy said...

the jacket is awesome. what a fantastic quote! good luck good luck good luck!!!

Unknown said...

love the jacket. best wishes for happy racing.

Lindsay said...

hope the race went well!! can't wait to hear about it :)

EndorphinBuzz said...

I hope you did well and had fun!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear all about it, love the jacket!

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking for that meticulous model. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 250 pounds everwhere. But definitively I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.