Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall Five Miler Race Report

I participated in Running Laur's Fall Five Miler Race on Wednesday this week.





I went for a trail run with friends Wednesday evening on the Seaton Trail which located along the West Duffins Creek in Pickering, Ontario. The trail is very pretty and has some very challenging terrain and is the perfect run location for a fall-themed run.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera,  and I didn't wear  a watch,  so I don't have much to report, but it was a really nice run and this event helped get me out and doing it!  One of my running friends said our distance was 8.9K which is over 5 miles.  Thanks Running Laur for organizing this (you rock!). I **love** fall running!!

And it has finally felt like fall running lately!!  Although it was a humid mess earlier this week,  it has cooled off just in time for marathon season. 

I have decided to go it alone (sans Hubs) to St. George as well,  I think it will be an adventure and I am super-excited! In order to better prepare,  I made a last minute decision to run the half tomorrow at the Scotiabank Watefront Marathon.  No big PR plans,  just a forced faster -closer to marathon paced run.  I am still recovering from my half iron a few back so I can't afford to overdo it. Hubs is doing the full as a "training run" Crazy nut! 

Congrats to all of the racers this weekend.  A few triathletes were born!!  And ofcourse good luck to all of the Scotiabank runners especially Marlene who is seeking her redemption this weekend also at Scotia!

Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!! Thanks for reading!

15 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

thanks for the shoutout! Terron had a blast today, race report to come :) Good luck tomorrow (and to hubs as well), I will try to venture down to cheer everyone on, but am playing nurse right now, so will see what tomorrow brings! Glad you decided to do St. George too :)

MCM Mama said...

I'm a big fan of fall running too.

Have a nice half tomorrow.

Kelly said...

I just found your blog, but just wanted to say great job on the 5 miler :)

teacherwoman said...

Fall running is the best. I just wish I was out there enjoying it with the rest of ya!

RunningLaur said...

So cool that you did it as a trail run - the perfect way to celebrate fall.
Thanks for racing!!

Jo Lynn said...

Wow, thanks for the kudos!

Fall running is my absolute FAVORITE. But so is fall my favorite time of year because the haunted house opens and I get caramel apples. ;)

Stacey said...

I love fall running too. Haven't had much of it this year, it is still summer here. ( :

I didn't realize you are doing STG too. It is my favorite! It would be fun to meet at the start.

Laura said...

Have a great time, Marci! And good call on St. George :)

Jess said...

Good luck at the last minute HM today and nice job on the 5 miler! I would love some cool crisp fall weather to run in!

Unknown said...

Fall running *does* rock!

Unknown said...

Fall running is so nice, I'm sure it's lovely where you are! Hope the half goes well!

Lindsay said...

i like the summer better... but after so many long, hot and humid trudges over the past few months i am welcoming cooler temps with open arms! glad you decided to brave the travels alone!

Heather said...

Nice job on the 5 milers - sounds like a good run! Looking forward to seeing pictures from St. George!

Marlene said...

Just getting caught up now, but thanks so much for the shout-out. I appreciate your support SO MUCH.

Hope your half went well!

And I'm glad you've decided to go to St. George!

ShirleyPerly said...

Glad you have decided to go to St George! I'm sure you will see other Marathon Maniancs, 50-staters, etc. and not feel lonely.

BTW, as far as I know, Florida's tri season pretty much ends in November with IM Florida and Miami Man being one of the last races. Certainly the weather is good enough to have tris year around, though!